Architect William E. Harris designed Fire Station No. 9 to blend into the Grandview neighborhood of Kansas City, KS. Built with a mix of Prairie School and Collegiate Gothic styles, the station is similar in appearance to homes around the turn of the century.
Erected in 1910 at 2 S. 14th Street, the station operated until 1967. The building has been renovated twice (mid 1970’s and early 2000’s). The original restoration converted the building into a community center but it was vacated again in the late 1980’s. The most recent work was done with its historical past in mind and much of the building has been restored to it’s past form. It’s currently used for office space and a community meeting center.